How many cows are there in Canada? how many frogs would you need to swallow until you find a job? Job candidates sometimes have to put up with weird job interviews questions and even personal and team tasks. Even though it seems its unnecessary, you should try and stay with a positive attitude along the way.
In order to get more information out of candidates, without using the regular familiar questions, recruiters try and be more original. here are 10 of the best and most weird job interview questions that were actually asked by places.
1. “If you could get rid of one state in the USA, which one was it?” (-Forrester)
2. “How many cows are there in Canada?” (-Google)
3. “A penguin with a sombrero just entered the room – what does he tell us and why is it here?” (-Clark Construction Group)
4. “My wife and I are going on vacation – Where would you recommend us to go?” (-Pricewaterhouse Coopers)
5. “What is your favourite song? Preform it for us.” (-LivingSocial)
6. “Did you ever steal a pen from your workplace?” (-Jiffy Software)
People answered: “Yes, but not on purpose”, and “Yes, it happened a few times. but I always returned it when i noticed.”
7. “Choose two celebrities that will be your parents.” (-Urban Outfitters)
8. “If you were a kitchen utensil, what was it?” (-Bandwidth.com)
9. “From 1 to 10 – how would you rate me as an interviewer?” (-Kraft food)
10. “If you could be someone else – who would you choose to be?”
When an interviewer presents an unusual, unpredictable question to you, from the kind you would never even dream about – first tell yourself “This recruiter is creative, this would be a fun place to work with.” it is always recommended to smile and stall time by saying “That’s an interesting question”, and eventually you should answer such question with your own personal answer and opinion. dont try and find a right answer, because there isn’t any. just bring your own truth.